Ms. Anne W. Kairu Publications
- Kairu, A., Upton, C., Huxham, M., Kotut, K., Mbeche, R., & Kairo, J. (2018). From Shiny Shoes to Muddy Reality: Understanding How Meso-State Actors Negotiate the Implementation Gap in Participatory Forest Management. Society & Natural Resources , 31(1), 74-88.
- Kairu A., Upton C., Huxhamc M. ,K. Kotut., Mbechee R., and Kairo J. (2017). From Shiny Shoes to Muddy Reality: Understanding How Meso-State Actors Negotiate the Implementation Gap in Participatory Forest Management. Society & Natural Resources Vol. 0 , Iss. 0,0. https://doi.org/10.1080/08941920.2017.1382628
- Nunan, F., Kairu, A., Kairo, J.G. and Wanjiru, C. (2016) ‘Achieving multi-level, integrated governance of coastal ecosystems in Kenya’, CESEA Research Brief 1, Coastal Ecosystem Services in East Africa, Birmingham: International Development Department, University of Birmingham.
- Environmental factors influencing structure and distribution of east African green heart (Warburgia ugandensis Sprague) in Mt. Kenya Forest. International Journal of Biodiversity and Conservation Vol. 6(6), pp. 452-458, June 2014
- Disappearing medicinal plants in Mt. Kenya forest, Kenya. A case study of East African green heart (Warburgia ugandensis Sprague). Journal of Herbal Medicine Vol. 2(7) pp. 159-165, 26 July, 2013.
Presentation of Papers at Academic and Professional Conferences
- The Second Biennial Conference of the Political Ecology Network (POLLEN) held in Oslo, Norway, from 20 to 22 June 2018. Kairu, A. and Upton, C. 2018. Performing PFM: Agency, Accountability and Bricolage in Forest Governance.
- The international Conference on Ecosystem Services for Poverty Alleviation (ESPA) programme, 8-9 March 2018, World Agroforestry Centre (ICRAF) in Nairobi, Kenya.
- The Tenth Western Indian Ocean Marine Science Association (WIOMSA) Scientific Symposium, 30th October- 4th November 2017, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
- Kairu, A., Kotut, K., and Kairo, J. 2017. Structure and productivity of mangroves in community and State managed forests in Kwale County, Kenya.
- The 1st Kenya Coastal Development Programme Conference: 21st to 23rd March 2016, Voi Wildlife Lodge, Kenya. Kairu, A. 2016. Reaping Revenue from Mangrove Forests in Kenya.
- 9th Western Indian Ocean Marine Science Association (WIOMSA) Symposium in South Africa on 26-29th October 2015.
- Development Studies Association (DSA) annual conference, Bath, United Kingdom. 8th September 2015.
- Kairu A., Nchimbi, A., Nchimbi, A., Upton, C., Mangora, M., Shalli, M and Jiddawi, N. 2015. Ethnographies of Encounter’: Social Relations in Contemporary Mangrove Governance.
- The 6th international conference at Moi University: 4th-8th September 2012 Kairu, A. 2012. East African greenheart (Warburgia ugandensis): very important medicinal plant yet highly threatened.
- 1st international conference on natural resources at Karatina University: 25th-28th July 2012.Kairu, A. 2012. East African black heart (Warburgia ugandensis) on the verge of extinction.
Workshop & Conferences
- Kairu A. (2015). Looking to the future – Linking poverty alleviation and sustainable coastal ecosystems in coastal Kenya. Kenya
- Kairu A. (2016). Multi-Stakeholder consultation on Development of "Participation plan for REDD+". Kenya.
- Kairu A. (2015). SPACES Modeling workshop. Kenya
- Kairu A. (2015). 9th WIOMSA Scientific Symposium. South Africa